Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Friday 7 February 2014

Mushroom and chicken rice

I remember I went to KFC once with my grandparents. I think I was 8 years old and on vacation in Hong Kong. The whole trip has mostly faded away from my memories, but I remember that meal in particular, because of two things: the chicken was served in plastic baskets and there was a side dish of rice topped with mushrooms in a gravy like sauce. I remember it was very tasty, but that is probably nostalgia speaking.




Anyway, here is my version of a mushroom and chicken rice. It is not fried chicken, but nonetheless it makes a tasty and probably more healthy meal.

Ingredients for the gravy (for approximately 2 servings):

50 grams of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of beef bouillon powder
500 ml of chicken stock
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Melt the butter in a pan and add the flour.
2. On medium-low heat stir the flour and butter mixture till it turns a mlik chocolate colour
3. Dissolve the beef bouillon powder in the chicken stock and add to the pan.
4. Bring the mix to a boil and let it simmer till the it reaches the desired consistency.

Other ingredients:

250 grams of chicken breast or thigh
250 grams of mushrooms

1. Dice the chicken and half the mushrooms
2. Saute the chicken in a pan until white and add the mushrooms.
3. Once the mushrooms turn soft, add the gravy and simmer for a few minutes.
4. Serve with steamed rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment