Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Sunday 16 February 2014

Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes


The sudden craving for cake hit me at 10 pm today and who am I to turn down a cake craving? So I set out to make a cupcake that is light, but has a dense crumb and then I opened my fridge for the butter and found apples. Apples do not show up often in my fridge and these were bought for the tuna salad I made earlier. Someday I will share with you all the recipe of my favourite tuna salad, but today there will be cake.



This recipe produces an extremely dense cake as it relies only on the eggs to give it a bit of lift. It is based on the traditional pound cake, but differs in the method and uses less flour.

Ingredients

150 grams of butter
150 grams of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
100 grams of flour
1 apple, sliced into quarter moons

1. Melt the butter and mix in the sugar.
2. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure to incorporate the egg before adding more.
3. Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.
4. Add the flour and mix until there are no lumps.
5. Spoon the mix into a cupcake mold lined with cupcake liners or oil the mold.
6. Arrange the apple on the batter as you like.
7. Bake the cupcakes at 180 degrees Celsius for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.



No comments:

Post a Comment