Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Sunday 10 August 2014

Ramen Review #18: Nissin Demae Ramen: Spicy Seafood flavour




I have a little fear of any instant ramen that claims to be spicy. After trying the Korean instant ramens I just can't open a pack of spicy ramen and not feel like I just made a big mistake. I can handle most spicy foods well, but there is pleasant spicy and mouth numbing spicy, the latter being very uncomfortable. So here goes.


The package contains the usual dried ramen, a soup packet in a rather unusual colour and a oil packet with some very spicy looking contents.

The soup powder smells really spicy and when added to the boiling water smell really spicy. The soup however doesn't taste mouth numbing spicy at all. The flavour is pleasantly spicy and you can taste the seafood through the spiciness. Adding the oil packet didn't make the soup any more spicy.

A pleasant surprise and if I ever want to have spicy noodles again, I would definitely buy this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment