Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Tuesday 17 June 2014

Ramen Review #17: Yumyum Oriental Style Instant Noodles Chicken Flavour

And while I am on the tour of brands of ramen I have never had before: I present to you Yumyum!



I have seen this brand of instant ramen for quite some time now. In the Netherlands it is available almost in every supermarket as well as Asian supermarket. It is produced by Wan Thai Foods Industry Company, a joint venture with Ajinomoto Co. from Japan. Ajinomoto Co. is the company that manufactures MSG among other things. Some people have a fear for eating MSG (monosodium glutamate), but according to the wiki site there is no conclusive study that actually shows that MSG is harmful. While scientist are fighting it out, I guess the only thing we common people should do is not eat too much of it... Back to the noodles!

Inside the package you will find the usual suspects: dried noodles, a soup powder packet and an oil packet.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but it does not look any different from any other instant ramen. The noodles themselves have a strong fried smell to them. While this is not unusual, since most instant noodles are deep fried in the production process, some brands are able to hide that fact a bit more than others. The chicken broth smells and tastes normal and slightly saltier than most brands. The vegetable oil has a hint of baked onion flavour to it and is a nice addition. The noodles are better than expected and have a decent bite to it. It reminds me of how cup noodles usually taste. I wouldn't mind eating Yumyum again, if I couldn't get my usual ramen brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment