Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Monday 26 May 2014

Ramen Review #16: Mi Sedaap Special Chicken Flavour

And while I am on a "something different" trip, might as well do this one too!


So this is Mi Sedaap and it is a product of Malaysia. It is produced by Wings Food and disttributed by Gentle Supreme Sdn Bhd.

Since my first try of exotic instant noodles, and yes I call everything that is not made in Japan, Korea or China exotic, I have been rather reluctant to try more, but at the same time I am also curious. I feel rather conflicted about the matter, because I've had some rather nasty instant ramen, but also some good ones.



This particular packet came with dried noodles, some soup powder, some chili powder and a packet of flavouring oil.

The soup base smells really fragrant, almost like a roast chicken with lots of herbs and the soup has a strong chicken flavour to it. The flavouring oil adds a real complex mix of probably garlic and onion to the soup and the chili powder does what chili powder does and made the soup a bit spicy. The amount of heat from that chili powder is not overpowering, but it is quite spicy. The noodles are quite good. There is some bite to it, but not as much as Nissin's noodles.

Overall, this has been quite a good experience and I wouldn't mind eating this brand again.

No comments:

Post a Comment