Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Monday 28 April 2014

Ramen Review #15: Toya Onion Chicken Flavour

Now for something totally different!


Well, that is a lie.. it is still a instant ramen review. I have seen this brand for about a year maybe and was curious, cause it seemed popular. Toya instant noodles are distributed by Toya Food Europe, which has its headquarters in The Netherlands (actually not that far away from where I live). The company seems to be the European branch of Kuwait Proteins Company, but has no mention of that on their official website. The brand also produced sauces, which I haven't tried yet.

Inside the package you will the dry noodles, a packet of flavour paste and a combined packet of soup base and chili powder.


The soup powder smells really spiced, but I can't really name any of them, because my knowledge of spices is really pathetic. Let me just say it smells like the spice rack in an Asian supermarket. The soup tastes savory, not spiced at all and not too salty. The paste packet is apparently the onion part of the onion chicken flavour and when added to the soup it somehow reminds me of garlic bread. The chili powder adds a nice zing to the flavour. The noodles themselves are soggy and are a cross between spaghetti and noodles. I like my noodles with a good bite so this is not my favourite brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment