Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Ramen Review #19+20: Nissin Demae Ramen Tonkotsu and Miso Tonkotsu Flavours


These two are quite similar so I decided to do a double review! If you missed my earlier tonkotsu ramen review: tonkotsu is a Japanese soup stock that is made with pork bones. I have never had real tonkotsu before, so I am quite the bad judge for the quality of the soup, but I can imagine that a soup stock that is simmered from pork bones is supposed to taste really... porky. So without further ado:



 Both ramen come with a soup base and seasoning sauce.Not sure if the soup base is the same, cause while I say this is a double review, I didn't actually eat them on the same day. Too much ramen on one day is not healthy afteral. The base soup in both ramen taste very savory and has a slight porky aftertaste.


The first picture is the miso flavour and while the soup itself does not differ much in flavour the sauce packet is definitely different. The miso sauce packet contains a slightly diluted miso paste and judging from the colour and flavour it is red miso. I prefer white miso myself, cause it has a milder taste. The sauce adds a strong miso flavour and also a bit spiciness to the soup.

The regular tonkotsu sauce packet also tastes a bit like miso, but it is not as strong as the miso one. It also reminds of me soy sauce and sesame oil.

I don't particularly enjoy these flavours, they are a fun change of pace, but I'd much rather go for other flavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment