Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ramen Review #3: Master Kong's Spicy Beef Flavour

Today another Master Kong creation in the Ramen Review. This time I'm reviewing the Spicy Beef flavour and it is my first time eating this flavour. The normal beef flavour is a bit spicy, so I'm curious if the spicy beef will be like the Korean instant ramyeons. I like those, someday I will write a review about them... once I've forgotten how they will numb my tongue and make my eyes water.




Inside the package you'll find: 1 piece of dried instant noodles.


two flavour packets,


and  one dried vegetables and meat packet.


First thing I noticed is how the noodles are flat instead of round, also the flavour paste is more red than the normal beef flavour one. If you look closely at the dried vegetables, you can see dried chili flakes.


It looks friendly, not all red like some of the spicy flavours I've had, but there is clearly something spicy the smell of the broth. About that smell: its smells like Chinese beef stew, the kind my mom used to make with more tendons than meat in it. It smells faintly sweet and beefy. The noodles are of the same quality as the normal round noodles: good chewy noodles. I think they made the noodles flat so there is more surface area for the broth to stick to. The broth is definitely spicy, but not as hot as the Korean kinds. Sadly I don't taste much beef flavour in the broth. It is not just all hot and spicy, but also not much flavour besides a generic savory taste. I must say the broth smells better than it tastes. 

Conclusion: it is not a bad product. The noodles are good, but a bit more beef flavour in the broth would be nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment