Welcome!

Frog cooks anything you like!

Tuesday 7 January 2014

Ramen Review #7: Nissin Demae Ramen: Beef Flavour

Its a new year! and I have a test tomorrow... Procrastination means ramen review! Today I'll be tasting the normal beef flavour of Nissin Demae Ramen.



Inside the package you will find the standard dried ramen, a soup base powder and seasoning oil. I don't remember the beef flavour had a seasoning oil, but according to my husband it has been that way a long time. 


The seasoning oil coagulated a bit. The weird slug like slimy thing in the middle of the bowl is the oil.


The broth tastes generic beefy, could be any brand of beef bouillon stock. There is a hint of sweetness to the broth. The seasoning oil reminds me of a seasoning oil in another beef flavour of Nissin's. I think it was the sauce packet in the Shoyu Tonkotsu flavour, but this packet is smaller and it doesn't overshadow the beef flavour. It does add just that little bit more flavour to the broth overal.

Conclusion: I like this beef flavour. Without the seasoning oil it is ordinary and easy to match with any kind of toppings you might want to add. With the seasoning oil it is a bit more special and still could match a lot of toppings, but will also taste nice on its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment